- Introductions & Housekeeping
- Session Overview
- Why Google Slides for ePortfolios?
- Key tenets of ePortfolios
- Growth over time
- Helps students reflect on their own learning
- Helps students take ownership of their work for life
- Adapt templates
- What are the key elements of an ePortfolios?
Respond in TodaysMeet - http://todaysmeet.com/fairfield
- ePortfolio Artifacts - Easy to embed in Google Slides
- Digital Documents
- Google Slides Sample ePortfolio
- Sharing and Collaboration
- Create Google Docs document or Slides presentation as an organizational unit (e.g. graphical table of contents) for other slideshows featuring student content
- Make Google Slides presentation a part of a Google Sites ePortfolio for easy embedding and access.
- Share Google Slides presentations with parents
- Create an RSS feed of Google Slides presentations using either Google Sites Announcements or Diigo Social Bookmarking tool, which generates an RSS feed for a one word tag ("eportfolio").
Tips for Collecting Media
- Save audio/video to Google Drive, then create a link to the file.
- Audio file should be in MP3 format.
- Video file should be in MP4 or WebM format.
- How to Record Narrated Slideshow or ScreenCast:
- Use free Nimbus Screenshot/Screencasting tool
- How to Record Audio:
- Use Vocaroo.com to record audio and save (a.k.a. Download) MP3 audio file. Then save it to GoogleDrive in the same place.
- Get the "Share" link for the MP3 audio file.